How Prepared is the Maritime Industry for Future Cyber-Attacks?
Recognising and Addressing the Risk
The maritime industry is becoming increasingly reliant on technology and the use of data. This also brings a range of increased cyber risks to which the maritime industry is not immune. Cyber security will only get the organisational attention needed once attitudes align to acknowledge cyber threats as a business risk.
To address the key issues facing shipowners, Riviera Maritime Media is organising the 4th Maritime Cyber Risk Management Forum, in association with and hosted by Norton Rose Fulbright, in London, 25 June 2019.
The event provides an unrivalled opportunity for 100 key maritime industry stakeholders, including ship owners and C-level decision makers, to analyse the Maritime’s cyber security preparedness.
• How vulnerable are your vessels?
• What are the risks?
• How to protect your ships from cyber-attacks?
• What steps need to be taken?
• What are the emerging cybersecurity technologies to watch?
• How can ports stay ahead of technological developments, automation and cybersecurity risks?
Don’t miss this one-day interactive programme for a chance to learn, collaborate and discuss the actions that need to be taken to defeat the cyber risk threats, such as VSAT hacking, IT to OT ransomware attacks, control loss of navigation systems, Planned Maintenance System shore and vessel attacks.
Simulated cyber-attack exercise
Based on a cyber-attack scenario, engage, learn and discuss solutions to improve your cyber resilience and security incident response plan. How would you respond? How to detect and be ready for the inevitable?
Space is limited!
• Get legislation advice and guidance on risk and compliance from regulatory experts
• Numerous networking opportunities during the day with coffee breaks, networking lunch and a drinks reception
• A full day of amazing keynote presentations, case studies, panel discussions, a simulation exercise and a start-up incubator
• Examine the latest issues that make cybersecurity challenging for the maritime industry
A start-up incubator to encourage innovation
Are you an ambitious student, academic, entrepreneur or start-up founder developing a new technology-based product or service and with a viable business venture?
If you have a strong business idea and are starting to gain traction, the start-up business incubation could be the natural next step. The Riviera Maritime Media Cyber Security Hub helps transform your ideas into reality.
To learn more about branding and sponsorship opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read our wider coverage of the cyber security issues facing the maritime industry here and view a selection of video interviews with past speakers at this event on our YouTube channel here: